What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV Road trip 3W5 to ENV

BobRv4

Well Known Member
My wife and I are casually driving our motorhome from Concrete, Washington (3W5) to Whendover, Utah (ENV) and looking for neat stops along the way….. small airports with friendly RV camping (our motorhome is self-containted, so no hook-ups required), RV community to visit, EAA chapters with projects underway, active RV builds, etc…. *Our route isn’t determined yet, so any recommendations of aviation-related things to see or do along the way would be greatly appreciated.

WAAAM

You could take I-5 to Portland, Or and then I-84 east through the gorge, with a stop at Hood River. WAAAM is a great museum.

?yes!

Yes i am, its the AMA motorcycles only, so not the real $$$$$$big one. Will be there a couple days with my buddy doing some speed runs. Im just the crew chief.

I looked into flying out next week, but it appears difficult to get around town and out to the salt. Any inside info?

Sorry no

This will be my first time, so sorry cant give you any input. The bike week is not till aug 28 till sept 1. So you maybe going to the car one? The bikes are way cheaper, but a pit pass is still $50 thats after you pay the $500 entry. So thats about all i know. I would bet you could get a ride out somehow? Good luck.

Back