What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flying to KOSH...from KATW

avrojockey

Well Known Member
Patron
I’ve been to the air show nearly every year since I was a kid. I had the distinct advantage of living in WI, and aviation heritage. However, due to my proximity, I’ve never flown to OSH during Airventure. I would like to...from ATW.

I’m very familiar with the area and the VFR procedures...I did all my flight trading in OSH, burning holes in the sky over the Rush Lake practice area. I’m not worried about procedure but rather my insistence that I’m using limit resources for personal benefit when I could really just drive.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Do it. I’d hazard to guess that a goodly portion that fly in could just as easily drive. We drove in our first 2 Osh’s. IMO distance is mostly irrelevant— fly in if you can, at least once.

If you’re worried about limited resources, then pick a slow time/day (not the first weekend…) and give it a shot so you can say that you flew in during Airventure.

I too am a relative local, being 80nm away. I’ve flown in 4 times with the RV after it’s completion 15 :)eek:) years ago. I agree with Paul that if you are concerned about being party to clogging up the arrivals for all the out of Towners, wait to come in until Wednesday or later. I too had concerns about taking up valuable room just once, during Sloshkosh, so I didn’t consider flying in that year. If similar conditions prevail, then it may be a good ‘Sconnie thing to do to hold back.

If you really want to try the Sunday arrival, look at it this way. At least you’ll have plenty of fuel on board to fly around Green Lake for 3 hrs. :D

You’ve got to flyin at least once. Do it.

All are Welcome

So I am driving from the southwest, instead of flying. Please take my spot in the congo line. Now you have no guilt. You are welcome.

Back