What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

UHMW block replacement

Janekom

Well Known Member
Patron
Made an error on one of the C-617 blocks and need to redo. I cannot get UHMW locally. What other material will be OK here. This is one of the tip-up canopy blocks where it hinges. Thanks.

I could also make a dummy block from other material and swop for the real one while I wait for the replacement to finish it's world tour on it's way to me :eek:

Made an error on one of the C-617 blocks and need to redo. I cannot get UHMW locally. What other material will be OK here. This is one of the tip-up canopy blocks where it hinges. Thanks.

I could also make a dummy block from other material and swop for the real one while I wait for the replacement to finish it's world tour on it's way to me :eek:

What about Acetal (Delrin) Plastic?

Got it

Phoned around and actually found exactly the same material about 40 minutes driving away from me. At the huge price of about $1.00 for the block. :D
Thanks for the help as well.

Hallo Jan

Had to do something similar on the flap actuator block. Maizey's plastics, poly-ethylene. What tools do you have to machine? I tried to redrill with drill press but the finish was not pretty. In the end had it routered.

Regards
Pieter

Pieter,
On the canopy hinge block that I had to redo it was only a few holes. They have cut the block on size so I did not have to trim.

Back