What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Best RV days for Oshkosh 2022

XLS+PAT

Planning out my trip to Oshkosh this year. I'll be flying there via the airlines and will be able to fit in three days. What are the best days to attend as it relates to Vans aircraft? Haven't been there since 2016.

Thanks

Pat
RV7 KHAF

Early in the week, Mon-Wed will be the maximum number of RVs on the field. Mon will be the beer fest, Tues is usually the Vans banquet and Wed will be the night air show. Later in the week there are more regional type folks that come in for the airshows and to just wander. Saturday is the biggest air show day of the week, usually largely a duplicate of Wednesday’s, but with maybe a bit more thrown in. There’s also a night air show on Saturday.

Planning out my trip to Oshkosh this year. I'll be flying there via the airlines and will be able to fit in three days. What are the best days to attend as it relates to Vans aircraft? Haven't been there since 2016.

Thanks

Pat
RV7 KHAF

Sunday: Community events. Beer.

Monday: The Big Day from the Van's Aircraft perspective with some special stuff this year: 50th Anniversary of Van's celebration scheduled on Boeing Plaza, with RV overhead formations planned for afternoon airshow, and the evening program I believe will be Van speaking at Theater in the Woods. More community events. Beer.

Tuesday: Van's Aircraft banquet in the evening (limited by venue size to 300 people, tickets will be sold through our website starting in probably a month or two).

We will do a few forums throughout the week. More overhead flights probably. More community events. More beer. Probably some roasted corn, too.

The first half of the show is the biggest push for RV folks. Some stay all week.

Monday: The Big Day from the Van's Aircraft perspective with some special stuff this year: 50th Anniversary of Van's celebration scheduled on Boeing Plaza, with RV overhead formations planned for afternoon airshow, and the evening program I believe will be Van speaking at Theater in the Woods. More community events. Beer.

Tuesday: Van's Aircraft banquet in the evening (limited by venue size to 300 people, tickets will be sold through our website starting in probably a month or two).

We will do a few forums throughout the week. More overhead flights probably. More community events. More beer. Probably some roasted corn, too.

The first half of the show is the biggest push for RV folks. Some stay all week.

You had me at beer. :)

You had me at beer. :)

It's a very beer-oriented crowd. :)

We'll probably have more to announce as we get closer to the event, too. Lots of people putting in a lot of work for this year's AirVenture - Folks from the community, the Van's staff, EAA staff, partners - should be a fun one!

The RV formation teams from around the country are planning flying Monday while the Airshow is going on (inside waivered airspace). Not sure of the time on that as I'm not participating then, but I am in the later in the week flyovers.

Tues-Thurs the plan is to do some other flyovers but they will likely occur before the airshow (outside of the time the waiver kicks in.) I'm not sure where they are at in the planning stage or the timing of those events as the leadership is totally focused now on putting Monday's show together.

All of this is weather dependent, of course.

I will update if more info is made available.

Cheers,

Rob S.

Planning out my trip to Oshkosh this year. I'll be flying there via the airlines and will be able to fit in three days. What are the best days to attend as it relates to Vans aircraft? Haven't been there since 2016. Thanks Pat RV7 KHAF
Oshkosh Virgin?

RV's come in:
  • Whole week and park in RV parking
  • Some come in Early, or Mid or Late Week and may park in RV parking OR
  • RV's can park anywhere in the Convention, camping, flight line, North 40 even antique.
  • RV's sometimes come and go daily, the flight line watching morning landings and departing RV's and planes after airshow is fun and you will see RV's albeit not up close.
  • I think someone mentioned the VANS DINNER (off site) and Van may give a presentation? Those are good days and nights to be there.

It really does not matter. Come when it is best for you. 3 DAYS? ha ha. That is so cute you think you might even see 5% of the show. It took me +15 times over 30 years to "see it all" and "do it all". The fuel prices may keep some folks away. However the Covid pent-up desire to get out may make it a banner year.

Last edited:
I have it on good authority that the Monday flyover, in honor of Van's 50th anniversary, will be a 50-ship formation fly-over. Not sure of the timing. So plan to be there Monday early and stay all day. When in doubt, drink more beer.

Back