What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Southeast: A-Model transition training

ShortSnorter

Well Known Member
I've searched the forums and have a few leads but haven't been able to make contact just yet (holidays?). I'm nearing completion of my build and need to get 5 hours training & and a checkout in any tricycle gear RV except the RV-12. I'm based at KMJD and am hoping for an option within the TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, GA Region. Any takers?

I have a friend in San Antonio that could do this for you. 9 time builder, fly's an 8 and a 10. Lot's of transition training in RV's. I'll send you a PM if your interested in contact information.

Did you get your training?

If you're having trouble getting training in a tricycle gear RV just go fly with someone training in a tail dragger. You'll meet the type specific training requirement and get some valuable training in the process.

Your insurance provider will be happy with you going above and beyond in your training and then simply treat your -14A like a tail dragger with a kick stand and you'll be ahead of the game!

Best of luck. Let us know how it goes.

That's my plan - learn the taildragger in a local Citabria, then get over to Mr. Bohannan's operation, an hour down the road from me. Seems like too good an arrangement not to take advantage of it. But mercy that Citabria is a humbling machine. 'You're over the hump" my instructor says. "You will so wish you were building a taildragger" he says. Not buying it. That thing is hard to love.

Back