What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

'Exit' Door on 119 Models

rockitdoc

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Getting the cable attached is tricky, at best. But, it can be done!

This is the view from the rear of the exit door looking at the cable connection.

Exit Door Cable Connection.jpg

This is relatively easy to reach with the door open. Unfortunately, you can't connect the cable with the door open. It has to be connected with the door closed otherwise your control knob might not be in the correct position when either open or closed. This means accessing from the front where the HUGE engine is located blocking access and your view.

I used mirrors, magnets and three attempts to get my blood pressure under lethal numbers. This produced a clearer head and I prevailed.

Turns out that a few turns on the locknut just to hold the cable snug is enough to allow opening the door. Then access from the rear allows full tightening and bending of the cable so it can't get loose.

The result?

Controls Full Forward.jpg

Exit Door Closed.jpg

Alt Air and Exit Door Controls Out.jpg

Exit Door Open.jpg

Last edited:
Does that 'exit' door have an air pathway into the engine compartment to allow additional cooling? Not evident from the pictures, so just curious.

Does that 'exit' door have an air pathway into the engine compartment to allow additional cooling? Not evident from the pictures, so just curious.

Yes. The pathway was used for the exhaust on the non-EXP 390 I believe. So, with the door open there is an exit for air coming into the lower cowling from above. And, when closed, the bottom of the fuse is smooth in the area where the non-EXP 390 exhaust was.

Back