What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aero LEDs Sunspot Install

rockitdoc

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Does anyone have a good description of how these landing lights are installed in the leading edge 'window' in the -14 wing?

I am painting the bits inside the 'window' today and getting ready to rivet the whole assembly together tomorrow and want to make sure there isn't something associated with the Aero LEDs mount that should be done before riveting.

I emailed tech support and stated I couldn’t find the actual light install drawing on their website. They sent it to me pronto (also the sun tail, and won’t tip light plans). I looked it over enough to think that I, after painting flat black paint, could rivet the vertical lampholder piece in. Hope I was right because it and the lens are all complete now.

The bracket that holds the lights attaches to the riveted-in mount using AN-3 bolts (they go into the nutplates installed in W-00017)

Find Section OP-52A and the diagrams and install instructions make it pretty clear.

W-00017 gets permanently built into the wing, the rest of the assembly can be done any time.

Last edited:
Back