What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vetterman Exhaust ???

fstringham7a

Well Known Member
Any experience in the 7A group with an IO360 ECI new 7 degree cold air induction and the Vetterman exhaust fit. I assume that a four pipe configuration would work but not the cross over style. Van's cowl fit is also needing info by your truly. Any pictures of installs would greatly be appreciated.

I will call Larry Monday for more direct info also. I checked out the forums and found some info but not specific to my needs.

TIA for any help.....and yes it is nice to be getting ready to work on the engine/panel stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frank @ sgu RV7A "NDY" :D

Hi again

81 hits and nary a comment. Does this mean I am the Lone Ranger with ECI Titan IO 360......ECI's new fuel injection with cold air ram induction........Boy I never thought of myself as a total first time test pilot..........

I am pretty excited about the potential set up. I am copying Robbie Attaywy's configuration except his is a tail dragger and mine a nose roller....thus the clearence issues with exhaust & ect.........Any ideas, comments, pictures would be greatly appreciated.......If not I will blaze a trail.....hopefully not with real fllames and report to the group as this plane finally takes to the air.

Thanks to the group for all your great posts they have have helped me in every phase of the build.

Frank @ SGU RV7A "NDY"

Frank 1

Frank 2 here,

Don't have any info on the intake system you have (except that its shorter than my AFP). I did fit a veterman 4-2-1 system n mine though and with the exception of it needed a washer between two of the tabs (where the bolts go thru to hold the lower part of the tube to the upper part) to prevent a stressed joint, the system fitted perfectly.

As you probably remember, it sound pretty throaty too...Of course this is what Marci told as she was standing next to you.

Cheers

Frank2

Harley?

I'm sorry but any self respecting Brit would not be seen dead on a Harley!...Remember the old saying..."I'd rather eat worms than ride a Honda"...Same thing...:)

Just unpatriotic you see...:)

frankh said:
I'm sorry but any self respecting Brit would not be seen dead on a Harley!...Remember the old saying..."I'd rather eat worms than ride a Honda"...Same thing...:)

Just unpatriotic you see...:)
Frank:

Some of us in the US would also rather be seen on an old Norton, Triumph, or BSA also. Nothing against Harley just like the old Norton's, Tirumph's, and the BSA's. Many of the younger guys are familiar with the NEW Harley's are too young to remember the great British Bikes of the '60's thus they do not remember the great sound of them to compare to. I still remember their sounds.

Frank1 and Gary

Frank1, oops......sorry about that MAJOR international laps of protacol. Yes you have just got to love the sound of that smooth running Triumph!!!!!!

Gary, thanks for my age indication.....yes I do wear my 60 years rather well.........I was HAPPY DAYSbut now, on some days just fell dazed!!!!!!!

Now back to my question how is that vetterman going to fit with the ECI cold air induction and Van's slick cowl.......now I know I will cut a big hole in it for that cold ram air.

Happy Easter or what ever holiday you are enjoying..

Frank2 @ SGU RV7A "NDY"

Same issue 12 years later...for me at least

Hi All,

I found this thread looking for possible solutions for my similar issue, RV7A with ECI TITAN IO-360 with 7 degree cold air intake with AFP FM-150 and the VANS slick cowl. I purchased a Vetterman trombone exhaust system which I initially installed and found the #2 intake tube was too close to the #2 exhaust tube. In talking with Clint at Vetterman, I found that he stopped making this exhaust for my setup due to the close fit to the intake and the cowl. I have sent the exhaust to Clint to see if he can "rework" it a bit to at least clear the intake tube. I fear the exhaust will end up being too close the the cowling. So, for those with a similar setup, what did you do to resolve the issue short of abandoning the ECI setup for Superior cold air intake?

Thanks

I don't have your intake but still had to cut a hole and add a bump in my cowl to clear the exhaust tube clamp. You'll likely need to do something similar.

Back