What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Important TS Flightlines News

Flandy10

Well Known Member
Just received a call from Tom's wife, he is in ICU after having a BAD reaction to a drug combination during knee surgery. He almost joined another thread on this forum according to her.

Prayers for his speedy recovery are needed and if you're near him or know him, his wife could probably use a RV morale boost.

Needless to say, parts delivery will be delayed.

Yikes!

Thoughts and prayers not only for Tom but the whole family and the doctors and medical staff. Hang in there Tom.

Joe

Wow that is too bad! Hits close to home as well, I am only a few months out from having both my knees replaced!

If God is building an RV, and you just know he probably is,

I hope he hasn't got to the point that he needs fuel lines and brake lines just yet.

Get well Tom! We still need you down here!!!

Best wishes to a TRULY great guy - here's hoping you're back on your feet soon Tom!

Paul

Last edited:
Oh my! Hoping for a quick and full recovery Tom!

To the OP who apparently knows Tom: let us (the VAF community) know if and how we can help. Tom has helped more people here than he probably knows.

TS Flightlines News

That's terrible news Tom! I will be thinking and praying for you!! Glad I saw this post, I was getting ready to send one more hose back to get shortened a little. Hoses can wait! Get back on your feet and then we can talk. Prayers for your wife and family too. Talk to you soon.

Just in touch with Tom at the beginning of the week, getting some brake lines. Then this bad news. The drugs for surgery are pretty sophisticated these days. Not often does it go wrong like this. Hoping for a quick recovery and joining the others here with sincere hope to his wife.

Prayer sent for speedy recovery.

Somehow, I see Tom staring at the ICU tubing as a marketing opportunity😏.!!

Speedy Recovery

Put your recent knowledge and expertise from Airflow Performance to use and help calibrate all air flow velocities in ICU:D

Keep the power up, Tom. Prayers for you, your wife and family, and your medical crew. Get well, Brother.

Sometimes I don't know whats worse The disease or the cure.Best wishes for a speedy recovery Tom,I'll keep you in my paryes.
RHill

Just received a call from Tom's wife, he is in ICU after having a BAD reaction to a drug combination during knee surgery. He almost joined another thread on this forum according to her.

Prayers for his speedy recovery are needed and if you're near him or know him, his wife could probably use a RV morale boost.

Needless to say, parts delivery will be delayed.

Tough news Tom (and wife). The RV guys are hoping and praying you come through ok.
It's amazing how stuff happens right out of the blue. Life sure is not boring.

I've been in contact with Suzanne since yesterday morning. We are praying for the speedy recovery of my good friend Tom.

Suzanne asked me to post this...

"Tom is doing a little better today but still heavily sedated. He will require around the clock care as he's relying on a lot of machines to get through this. Please keep him in your prayers for a speedy recovery. Both of us thank ALL of you for your kind emails and texts. Though he can't respond to them I will try to communicate the best way I know. Thank you all again. "

Tom & Suzanne Swearengen.

Just in touch with Tom at the beginning of the week, getting some brake lines. Then this bad news. The drugs for surgery are pretty sophisticated these days. Not often does it go wrong like this. Hoping for a quick recovery and joining the others here with sincere hope to his wife.

Same here, I just talked to him a few days ago, scary stuff! Get well quick Tom!

Who's got an address to send cards and gifts of cheer?

I was in a class with Tom this past weekend at Airflow Performance and had the chance to meet his girl friend and her son. This comes as a shock, since he wasn't overly concerned with the procedure.

Tom works out his house, so the contact info on his website would be appropriate.

2 Clovis Court
Beaufort, SC 29906
Phone: 843.271.2329
Email: [email protected]

Get well soon.

It's a wake up call. You think you're doing a low risk activity and something like this happens.

Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Wishing Tom a speedy and complete recovery. I've been in the icu unexpectedly hooked up to all the tubes and machines, sedated to the hilt, and it is a life changing experience. One good thing: because of the sedation he won't remember a thing about the experience, even if he is conscious and interacting during it. It's a good thing, although a bit unsettling. Best wishes to one of the truly good guys.

Just spoke with a mutual friend that is heading to visit Tom. He is now awake and off the ventilator so things are looking better.

If I get a chance to visit him tomorrow, I'll take my iPad along and let him read this thread and all the well wishes being sent his way.

I just received some shortened fuel hoses from Tom yesterday. Best wishes Tom on your recovery.

Dennis Argetsinger (our busiest A&P at the Ridgeland Airport) and I just visited Tom. He dodged a close one but has seemingly cleared his breathing difficulties and is doing well. We talked for a half hour (he's still in ICU) and has a recirculation rig in place of the tracheotomy insert, but he's off the ventilator and talking with relative ease. Has no memory of what happened but is hoping to go home tomorrow. The operation on his knee was (relatively speaking) minor and he has already been up an around on it.

He actually voiced concern about his customers having to wait on him a bit! He put in a major effort to clear all his orders before going in for surgery, so he is not very far behind if at all, but hey---that's Tom. He'll be back at what he really loves pretty quick.

We're all very relieved and hope to see him home and then back at the airport very soon.

Lee...

Well, that's some good news on this friday 13th :eek:. Wishing Tom a full and speedy recovery.

Bevan

Wow. Just talked to Tom Wednesday about some hoses he's working on for me. Tom and Suzanne, you're in our thoughts and prayers. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Dale

Get well soon Tom! It just shows there is no "no risk" surgery. Hope this note finds you on the mend!

You have a lot of prayers and friends out here in VAF land.

Last edited:
Back