What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wing / Gear bolt torque checks on annuals

WingnutWick

Well Known Member
Hello all,

I've been using the annual checklist Walt put out here and I am trying to make sure I am checking things properly when it comes to the wing spar attach bolts and the landing gear attach bolts and their respective torques. Looking through the plans I am not seeing torque values for these. The planes associated are:

RV-10
RV-8
RV-6A

Does anyone have torque values or know where to find them for all these items? Seems like the 8's wheel nuts are a bit tough to access from the inside.

Thanks all.

Hello all,

I've been using the annual checklist Walt put out here and I am trying to make sure I am checking things properly when it comes to the wing spar attach bolts and the landing gear attach bolts and their respective torques. Looking through the plans I am not seeing torque values for these. The planes associated are:

RV-10
RV-8
RV-6A

Does anyone have torque values or know where to find them for all these items? Seems like the 8's wheel nuts are a bit tough to access from the inside.

Thanks all.

If you know the bolt sizes (if you have the plans should be specified there) you can use the torque values in Van's Section 5 (Same for all models):

https://www.vansaircraft.com/service-information-and-revisions/5/

Info for the RV-8 landing gear.

From the Construction Manual:

i-jrR4kF8-M.jpg

And DWG 75 annotated:

i-H8RW4CL-L.jpg

(Check before using any of these numbers!)

Back