What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon Pitot Tube Cutout Drawing

shadowbrush

Does anyone have a CAD drawing of the cutout for a Dynon pitot tube? I bought mine from private party and it didn't have the cutout template. Plus, I'm preparing a waterjet cutting job and would like to add a router template for the cutout.

Thanks!

Holger

The cutout would be for the mast or mount. The Dynon pitot doesn't come with the mount. Safeair and Gretz provide compatible mounts. I used the Safeair mast and it came with the paper template. No need to water jet this. Just drill a couple of holes and use a file or dremel. Ten minute job at most.

Thanks, Bruce. I didn't know the template wasn't supplied with the unit from Dynon.

I know, it's easy enough to hand cut the skin, but I have space on the plate I'm sending to the waterjet shop, so I'd get a free router template out of it. With that, it's a 2-min-can't-mess-up job.

Holger

Thank you, Dynon Support! Good to know. Coincidentally, your pitot tube fit exactly into a hang glider downtube I had laying around, and I'm going to use that. You don't happen to have the template available as PDF, do you?

EDIT Oh, just seeing your link to the PDF - PERFECT! Thank you so much!

Thanks,

Holger

Dear Dynon…Template Link is bad

When they say “verify dimensions” they aren’t kidding. Nice card stock printed template included in the mast kit, but not printed correctly. Kinda pointless to provide it if it’s not right. 2.9x3.875ish not quite 3x4 but just enough to ruin your parts.

Could not find anything on the Dynon Website to print my own. Link to PDF doesn’t go to anything except Dynon website front page.

Attachments

• 11FF735C-2052-4A8C-8B78-D7B26C4BCDBF.jpg
    11FF735C-2052-4A8C-8B78-D7B26C4BCDBF.jpg
    368.1 KB · Views: 62
  • F382B61F-623B-4512-A15D-689EC32C0659.jpg
    F382B61F-623B-4512-A15D-689EC32C0659.jpg
    365.9 KB · Views: 55
Here it is

Received this from Dynon. See attached PDF of cut out. You have to click on it to see it.

Attachments

• 102814-000 - REV A - CUST DOC TEMPLATE CUTOUT PITOT MOUNT.PDF
    112.6 KB · Views: 125
Back