What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Waiting on Lightbox Sign Kit... Are you?

robm

I'm New Here
I ordered a Van's Lightbox Sign Kit in early February. I realize Van's is busy filling airplane orders, but how hard can it be to fulfill simple lightbox orders? The worst part is that there has been zero communication. None!

This is 100% tongue in cheek, but I did order a lightbox kit in February and I am looking forward to its arrival, whenever that may be. I dream of the day I can afford the time and cost to order my empennage kit, but until then I'm lingering here and vicariously sharing in the pain of those waiting, the dedication of those building, and the pure bliss of those flying the planes they built with their own hands.

Cheers!

-- Rob

Yes, I am waiting on one. Ordered it and the control surface practice kits not long before ordering my empennage and wings. Have since received the empennage and wings, and canceled my order on the control surfaces, since I'll be "practicing" on the real thing.

My understanding is that they moved these items to the back burner in order to focus on the backlog of kit orders, which I totally understand.

I've kept my light box order in place just cause I'd love to have it for the shop.

Tyson -

Congrats on having the empenage and wings! Glad to hear the lightboxes aren't holding up the actual plan kits. Sounds like I'll just have to order the empennage kit and get in the shorter line :).

-- Rob

I just received mine about a week ago. It was ordered as a Christmas present last year. From what I understand they are quickly catching up on back orders now

Back