What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rear Seat Display

Pounder

Well Known Member
Plans are formulating for a panel make-over in my -8.

And I’m entertaining the idea of a rear seat display.

I’m curious of examples (rear seat) displays. Anyone care to share, pictures, ideas, recommendations?

VR/
Bryan

There have been a few different runs of this over the years, one just recently.

Try looking through the RV8 forum. You will most likely need to reset the search time from the default 30 days. Lower left below the last thread in the forum.

Last edited:
Rear seat display

I ordered the same ipad mount. Bluetoothed the info from my Garmin and downloaded fltplan Go. . Works great! Sorry that it's sideways but you get the idea!

Attachments

• 12C8061A-6700-40F9-A636-D6024DEFFC71.jpg
    12C8061A-6700-40F9-A636-D6024DEFFC71.jpg
    404.2 KB · Views: 127
Plans are formulating for a panel make-over in my -8.

And I’m entertaining the idea of a rear seat display.

I’m curious of examples (rear seat) displays. Anyone care to share, pictures, ideas, recommendations?

VR/
Bryan

This is my solution. GRT EFIS extra display provides a fully functional MFD for the back seater.

DSC_2179small.JPG

Skylor
RV-8

Since I have a 796, I thought it would make a great rear seat display and I can use it in my current bird. I didn’t like portable mounts that were available or seeing wires tie wrapped on the seat back so I rolled my own.

I got the idea of how to mount the mount from the way no weld roll bar handles are installed and ran the wire inside the roll bar. It’s rock solid.

Attachments

• IMG_1558.jpeg
    IMG_1558.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1557.jpeg
    IMG_1557.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 26
Back