What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Snap on brake linings?

Taltruda

Well Known Member
Friend
Working on a Cirrus and also on the Extra 300, I discovered that they use brake linings that “Snap On” to the backing plates. The backing plates have little stubs where the rivets usually are, and the linings have holes. They just snap together. Has anybody used something like this on our RVs? Makes brake changes a breeze, or shall I say, snap! Also the linings look more robust. Would love to hear if anybody tried something like this before..

Don't the newer generations of Cirri use Beringers? I just did a brake pad change on my Beringers, and it was just a matter of unscrewing two hex socket screws, sliding out the old pads, sliding the new ones in, and screwing the socket screws back in.

I believe those snap-on linings are metallic. Very convenient but I think because of the metallic linings, a compatible disc is required.

George

Yes they ARE metallic.. I should look up the part numbers on the Extra. I bet they are the ones we would need.. 5 inch wheels, I bet the brake components are compatible.

Extras use Cleveland 30-164 brake units. Not sure if the parts will fit the units we use but the Pressure plate is p/n 063-01200, Pin (x2) 177-00300, Back Plate 064-00500, Pin (x2), Lining 066-06200.
There are also insulators & shim insulators that may be required.
The Cleveland parts catalogue used to be on-line, sorry I don't have a link.
Yes, it does make changing the linings much more straight forward!

Back