What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Avidyne IFD

Larco

Well Known Member
Avidyne advertised a new software update would coming out about now. Has anyone heard or asked them about it at OSH? Signing a form was to allow AB aircraft owners to self install the update as well. Any news would be appreciated.

Avidyne 10.3

It was supposed to be released by OSH last year, then Q3 2021, then any day now. We will see what they have to say at OSH this year. They did have the updated software running last year at OSH and there is a 10.3 version of the trainer app for the Ipad. The software update will be available to EAB for self install.

Only slightly off topic

For those who have avidyne EFS, curious to hear why you went that way. Dynon/skyview and Garmin seem to be the standard with GRT and a few others.

I have just started communication with Avidyne but keen to hear some personal experiences in the experimental market.

Avidyne advertised a new software update would coming out about now. Has anyone heard or asked them about it at OSH? Signing a form was to allow AB aircraft owners to self install the update as well. Any news would be appreciated.

Curious What changes are supposed to be in the new release that you're interested in?

I just looked at my dealer portal for Avidyne and 10.3 is not available yet.

I do know it is loaded on the demo units that I am sure will be at Oshkosh. One cool feature I did see is the ability to select Visual Approaches to any runway. Obviously not IFR but could be helpful for unknown airports.

When 10.3 does come out I would be glad to help support any Avidyne users with software updates.

Jeff

Watched a video presentation from AVI recently regarding the soon to be update. Looked very impressive and a rep via phone said they hoped to have it out by OSH. So that is the reason for the question. Thanks,

Back