What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

912ULS Intake Manifold Question

MartySantic

Well Known Member
The intake manifold above cylinder #1 & #3 appears to be attached to the ignition module bracket via a pin on the manifold thru a rubber grommet. How would I remove the intake manifold on the co-pilot side? In the midst of coolant line replacement.

The first time I replaced hoses I was just able to raise the manifold enough to replace the hose while stretching the shock mount. My second replacement I stretched it a bit too far and tore the mount. I was able to glue it back together with high temperature RTV. Replacement mounts are pricey.

I was able to replace al coolant hoses without removing the manifold, may be all you need is a good set of hose clamp pliers.

The first time I replaced hoses I was just able to raise the manifold enough to replace the hose while stretching the shock mount. My second replacement I stretched it a bit too far and tore the mount. I was able to glue it back together with high temperature RTV. Replacement mounts are pricey.

I was able to lift it just enough, and did not tear the rubber shock mount to replace the hose at the top of #3. BUT sure would like to know how one would remove it should the need arise. Anyone?

Marty, us early builders had to remove stuff from the top of the engine in order to install the fiberglass engine shroud.
Don't you remember doing that? :D I don't either. But I found plans page 46-3 that describes removing the intake manifold.
See the attached picture. I added a note to it: Do NOT remove ignition module from intake manifold !

Attachments

• Remove_Ign_Module.png
    Remove_Ign_Module.png
    418.1 KB · Views: 102
Marty, us early builders had to remove stuff from the top of the engine in order to install the fiberglass engine shroud.
Don't you remember doing that? :D I don't either. But I found plans page 46-3 that describes removing the intake manifold.
See the attached picture. I added a note to it: Do NOT remove ignition module from intake manifold !

Yes, remember. Still would like to know how to detach the voltage regulator stack from the manifold so the manifold can be removed leaving the regulator stack intact.

Back