What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

VAL Avionics service review

vinzer

Well Known Member
Hi All!

I would like to share with everyone the great experience I had with VAL Avionics.
VAL Avionics COMM 2000 radio was sitting on my shelf for some time and I was planning to install it to my RV10 as a backup COMM. This radio had some outdated software and knob broken on it by previous owner.
I contacted with Jim from VAL Avionics and got amazing service from him!

Shipped my radio to him just couple days ago and was expecting to get it by mail after some time. However due to circumstances I was passing by VAL office earlier today and surprisingly my radio was already updated with latest software, repaired and ready for me. It was super quick turnaround time and pleasant service. Thank you Jim!

Vlad

I second the great support from VAL. I buddy is re-vamping a Cozy and couldn't fit the VAL comm and nav radios' depth in the panel. He contacted VAL and together they engineered a way to make the control/bezel/displays work separate from the rest of the radios, effectively making the transceiver and nav radio remote. Not something they offer or advertise but a one-time coordinated effort from VAL to help out a customer. Compare this to calling another avionics manufacturer with a seemingly hair-brained request and seeing what happens.

Back