What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

PIREPS NW Atlanta Area

crabandy

Well Known Member
Unfortunately had a cousin pass away and may be visiting North West Atlanta for a funeral.

Services are in Woodstock, GA and burial Canton National Cemetery.

Airnav reviews look favorable for KCNI, also curious about KRYY and any other semi local airports that are a good overnight stop.

Thanks.

I would tell you that RYY is busy, expensive, and convenient to civilization. CNI is less convenient, less expensive, and less busy. You also have towered vs uncontrolled to consider and fenced/gated/security lockdown at RYY, which I hate.

Are any of those factors deciders for you or are their other measures of interest?

I would tell you that RYY is busy, expensive, and convenient to civilization. CNI is less convenient, less expensive, and less busy. You also have towered vs uncontrolled to consider and fenced/gated/security lockdown at RYY, which I hate.

Are any of those factors deciders for you or are their other measures of interest?

I always prefer the smaller hometown airports, but larger towered ones have some advantages especially in WX or at night. Always like bumping into RV guys.

Biggest concern is ground transportation, might be able to Uber from RYY. The church is only 5 miles from KRYY but the roads don’t look very walker/jogger friendly. Sounds like KCNI has a first come/first serve courtesy car but a 2 hour limit. Second concern is I’m REALLY cheap and have low expectations!

Thought about overnighting approximately a 30 min flight away from KRYY, 4A9 looks like a well reviewed airport and a cool Vintage 1889 restaurant.

Jzp

A little ways away from Atlanta, but very user friendly, RV friendly, and cheap. Judie and I needed heat and a local RVer made sure we had it. Checkout Pickins county.

Thank you everyone for your replies and PM’s ,this really is a great community.

Texdog, unfortunately I don’t have Judy’s looks or your way with words and can’t talk them out of leaving Pickens County with the courtesy car.

My cousins’ neighborhood is graciously housing the out-of-towners, and since I’m possibly arriving after sunset and a rental car is a must KRYY it is. So far Hawthorne Global has been great to deal with, 1 phone call and a name/tail number and they’ve got a rental car set up. $20/overnight and a $5 facility fee is kinda expected, we won’t mention the 100LL prices. I thought $35/day for the rental car was pretty reasonable.

Back