What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SiriusXM Tour - Satellite Radio

AV8ER

Well Known Member
I have a pair of Dynon 10" screens, a GTN650, and a PMA7000 audio panel. I want to add a SiriusXM audio capability to the plane. Not really interested in satellite weather at this time. The "portable" SiriusXM Tour 360L uses 12V power and has an audio out that can be put into a standard audio jack (I already have wired into the audio panel for play lists from the phone). The Tour looks like an affordable solution that can be used in the shop as well with the addition of a $50 home docking station.

I cant see a problem and wondering if anyone has used the SiriusXM Tour in their plane or have a better option?

We have several older xm radios the size of a wallet. Work fine in the car, at home, and in the airplane (hockey puck antenna thrown up on glare shield, 12 volts in, audio out to intercom. Works great. But, it won’t get stations inside a metal hangar without an external antenna. For wx I use free adsb.

Thanks Bob. I ordered the "Tour" as it seems to be their most current offering. It has a wifi mode so you can use it indoors (if wifi is available) in places the antenna won't reach the sky. I'll see how it performs and report back.

Report:
After 40 hours of flying with the Tour xm unit I can report it works great. I tried to put the antenna under the glare shield and it would lose reception enough to be annoying. With the antenna on the top of the glare shield it works flawless. I would buy it again.

Back