What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Time to fix a slow leak

Ok everyone, the rebuild of my newly purchased / crashed RV-3 is coming along nicely. Fired it up for the first time a week ago and did my first taxi test. Found out one master cylinder was dead 😳 anyway I need to fix a slow leak in one tire and would like to know how everyone is jacking up the mains to accomplish the task.
Thanks,
Chris

Ok everyone, the rebuild of my newly purchased / crashed RV-3 is coming along nicely. Fired it up for the first time a week ago and did my first taxi test. Found out one master cylinder was dead 😳 anyway I need to fix a slow leak in one tire and would like to know how everyone is jacking up the mains to accomplish the task.
Thanks,
Chris

Chris, its actually relatively easy, see here:- https://www.vansaircraft.com/faq-technical-builder-items/how-to-jack-up-an-rv/

I use the Anti Splat Jacking point inserts on my RV9A and it all works very well

Howdy Chris,

For both my RV-3 and now RV-4, I attached a hose clamp to the gear leg near the bend (near the wheel). I then use a scissor jack to raise it. The hose clamp provides some additional surface so the jack does not slide 'up' the gear leg. I have a photos of this but not finding them at the moment. Let me know if needed and I'll find one.

Back