What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

EX-5VA1 Mixture control pushing lean

Hi guys,

I have a Precision Silverhawk EX-5VA1 installed on my IO-375. Today was first engine start. I installed the mixture arm as per the indicated rick and lean direction on the schematic..... but I now note it says "standard rotation shown, alternate is opposite".

I now know that the mixture cable pushes the arm in the wrong direction. Rather than modify the geometry of my setup, can the servo be internally modified from alternate back to standard.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks,

Dan

Don’t know about internals, Recommend going with the alternate arm

Bit of trouble to get the alternate arm……. ($ and time)

I don’t recall major issue with cable / routing with alternate rotation

Some servos can have the mixture shaft rotate in different directions. Pretty sure though that this requires different parts inside the servo or possibly symmetrical parts that are installed a different way. This why they stamp an "R" and/or "ICO" somewhere on the external parts, based on the configuration. Nothing can be done by the installer to change this.

I know the AFP does this, but not sure if the Silverhawk (bendix clone) can do this or not, but suspect it can. If the silverhawk offers this, it is not a DIY project IMHO.

Larry

Last edited:
Back