What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Recommended hotels for Land of Enchantment Fly-in?

prporter

Well Known Member
I will be attending my first RV fly-in, and want to know what some of you experienced folks recommend for hotels there.. looks like El Paso will be the nearest city. Any suggestions?

We're staying at the LaQuinta El Paso North Mesa, 915-585-2999, Ask for the RV fly-in group rate. We got King-no-smoking for $60/night plus tax. 2 beds is $55. Hotel has been renovated since last fall. It was a Baymont last year.

Last edited:
More important to me than the price of the room is that we like to stay where most of our other RV friends are staying ;) Rosie

Hotels

We stayed at the former Baymont last year and it's location is great.
Lots of other RV'ers stayed there!

LOE '08

6-10 of us from the Kansas City area, in 4-5 RV's, are planning to attend LOE this year.

What hotel would you all recommend?

Is it close enough for walking or should we rent a vehicle?

Hi Keith.

Rent a car. It's about a ten minute drive from the hotel(s) to the airport - lots of them in a row.

I'll be updating the site with all this info over the next few days.

b,
d

LOE 2008

Hello everyone! This won't be my first fly-in but it will be my first visit to LOE. Unfortunately I won't be in my RV. It's not done yet. Won't be for several years. I'll be cruising along firewalled at about 100 kts with dad in the Pazmany PL-1. We're in the Phoenix area and plan leaving early Sat. morning (5-ish). Anyone else planning on going that won't be in an RV?

Hotels - I think it's best if you plan on renting a car or maybe ride sharing with someone. I've been looking at hotel locations and they look close, 10 miles or so, but not a good walking distance.

11:23 Update -
Just reserved a room (non-smoking, 2 beds = $75 + tax) at LaQuinta El Paso North Mesa, 915-585-2999. I asked for the RV fly-in group rate and at this time she has no discount information for this event. She did note it on the reservation. I'll call sooner to 10.10.08 to ask again.

Last edited:
Hello everyone! This won't be my first fly-in but it will be my first visit to LOE. Unfortunately I won't be in my RV. It's not done yet. Won't be for several years. I'll be cruising along firewalled at about 100 kts with dad in the Pazmany PL-1. We're in the Phoenix area and plan leaving early Sat. morning (5-ish). Anyone else planning on going that won't be in an RV?

I'll be there in my father-in-laws 182. I don't think my RV-8a will by flying until at least a couple of weeks later...
:(

I will likewise be flying down from Sandia Airpark (1N1) east of Albuquerque in a Cherokee :eek: on Saturday for just a few hours so my wife can see what I want to build and maybe get a ride :). I'm just about ready for my PPL checkride and this may be our first cross-country together...

I will be there...

flying my lowly Warrior.:( Wonder if I can fit the 9 tail kit on it so I will have at least part RV? Oh well, it's only a 15 minute flight anyway, probably takes me longer to get the airplane out of the hanger.

LOE 2008 hotel reservations

Hotels - I think it's best if you plan on renting a car or maybe ride sharing with someone. I've been looking at hotel locations and they look close, 10 miles or so, but not a good walking distance.

11:23 Update -
Just reserved a room (non-smoking, 2 beds = $75 + tax) at LaQuinta El Paso North Mesa, 915-585-2999. I asked for the RV fly-in group rate and at this time she has no discount information for this event. She did note it on the reservation. I'll call sooner to 10.10.08 to ask again.

9:19 am 9.5.2008 Update -
FYI - Those who may still be looking for a hotel room I just redid my reservation on hotels.com and got 1 room/ 2 beds at La Quinta - El Paso West 866-539-0036 for $49 a night + tax/fees for a total of $56 and change.

LOE no RV no Problem

You pilots do not need to apologize for flying something besides an RV.
At least you are flying. What a privilege. Every interested party is welcome.
Lets meet and show and tell.

You pilots do not need to apologize for flying something besides an RV.
At least you are flying. What a privilege. Every interested party is welcome.
Lets meet and show and tell.

Sounds good to me! Here's what we'll be coming in.
dscn0156zr1.jpg

This is a Pazmany PL-1. One of about five that I know flying in the states.

Back