What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Building both 14 and 14A into one

lipper03

Builder RV14A & ZA750SD
Benefactor
Anyone putting the "guts" in for a 14, but building an "A"? I'm thinking of doing it so I can convert someday. Don't know if anyone has successfully done that though.

I briefly considered the same thing when I was building my -6, but I quickly realized it was unnecessary weight and complexity just so I could avoid committing to one or the other. In the end I built a tailwheel -6 and wouldn't have it any other way.

If you're not a TW pilot and think you might want to be one day, get the endorsement now and build a -14, you won't regret it. DISCLAIMER: I might be biased about this :D

I briefly considered the same thing when I was building my -6, but I quickly realized it was unnecessary weight and complexity just so I could avoid committing to one or the other. In the end I built a tailwheel -6 and wouldn't have it any other way.

If you're not a TW pilot and think you might want to be one day, get the endorsement now and build a -14, you won't regret it. DISCLAIMER: I might be biased about this :D

Yeah, I'm on that cusp of do I want to do a 14 vs an A, haven't received my emp kit yet, so still have time to choose.

Back