What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

CG

SEFlyer

I know CG can be an issue on 6's depending on setup. Curious what CG people have on an empty plane. We are 70.77. Thanks

When I bought it was 72" I need to recheck though now with the changes I have made to various equipment.

RV-6A

Mine has a 360 with Hartzell constant speed metal prop. 70.11". Nose heavy. But on the other side, if I have full fuel, max baggage, gross weight, the CG is right at the aft limit. Will not go past.

Mine has a 360 with Hartzell constant speed metal prop. 70.11". Nose heavy. But on the other side, if I have full fuel, max baggage, gross weight, the CG is right at the aft limit. Will not go past.

Be careful. With this scenario, as soon as you burn off any fuel, you will be out of aft CG limit.

Be careful. With this scenario, as soon as you burn off any fuel, you will be out of aft CG limit.

IO-320 Hartzell CSP Slider Steam Gauge IFR 1105 lb. 71.5 in.
Good point, yes, possible to load aft of CG with pax, full baggage and lower fuel.
100 lb. is a lot of baggage though.

Mel,

I was mistaken, I typed before my brain thought correctly. Empty fuel, full baggage, two passengers my size (175lbs), puts me right at aft CG. I have a spreadsheet and any way I load the plane within its limits, never puts the CG past the aft point.

Sorry,

Paul

With 2 up, max baggage, max all up weight on take off When i burn off fuel down to minimums i am at aft CofG.
I purchased a bison mountain RV bag. this fits neatly over the flap actuating bar so i put most of my overnight gear in the bag and calculate
the moment from the flap control and i never get close to going out the back

Last edited:
Back