What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Compressed air management

nohoflyer

Well Known Member
Patron
So I’m moving my build into a manufacturing building that has compressed air built in. I’m not sure of the source PSI but I imagine it’s pretty high as they run some very big machines with it. I won’t need my compressor anymore.

I don’t know what to buy that will allow me to step down/regulate the main hose pressure into a lower pressure for my drill/gun etc.

Any help appreciated!

Google for "compressed air regulator", they are not expensive. The shop air probably isn't really high pressure, but you do want to be able to control your own air supply. Rivet guns in particular are quite sensitive to pressure.

There are more things to consider. Is the shop air filtered? Dried? Oiled? Different tools do best with differently treated air - for example you do not want oiled air for a paint gun, or for a rivet squeezer. Other tools do want oil, but you can oil them by hand daily. An inline air filter probably isn't a bad idea.

Regulator

I would regulate into a tank to allow separation of water and oil.
Use a RTI Mini 1/4" regulator at the tool or paint gun.

Just found out source air is 10 bars or approx 145 psi.

I can see the need for a filter due to the dubious cleanliness but do I need an oil attachment?

No oil

I personally do not like oilers..its easy to oil air drills and air tools at the nipple. All it takes is a drop once in a while. You do not want oil in your hoses, blow off nozzles and paint equipment at all.

Just found out source air is 10 bars or approx 145 psi.

I can see the need for a filter due to the dubious cleanliness but do I need an oil attachment?

The unit I linked it post 2 has a filter.

I would not use an inline oiler.

Back