What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

PRO SEAL EXPIRED

Stewbronco

Well Known Member
I have VANS retrofit locking gas cap kit .....pro seal dated ok until April 2021 ....has been in freezer for storage ......would it be ok ?? Thanks. Stew

i keep mine way longer than that and it performs ok for me if it is kept in the freezer. right next to the tube of rubber boot repair.

I offer this as a datapoint, not a recommendation.

There is a can of 'proseal' and catalyst in the frig at the hangar that is well over ten years past expiration. It has been used for many adhesive tasks and repairs over the years and still works as intended.

Another data point, not a recommendation.

I have some that is about 3 years expired stored at room temp. Just used a few months ago, works great.

The answer is YES it is ok to use.
I to have some that is 20+ years old. It was not in the freezer for the first 10 years and now is.
Just for giggles I tested some about 3 months ago, Still got hard.
NOW truth be known if I was going to build more tanks I would buy new.
But, a fuel cap retrofit kit is really out of harms way. Not under pressure.
Go for it.
Art

A couple things

At my day job, we use Proseal by the truckloads..(USAF re-fueling tankers). I've been playing with it for 40 plus years and working direct with MFG's of all different variants. We have been given extensions on the exp dates based on how it has been stored. As others have said, it will last a looong time. 90% of failed cure is improper mixing, and always make a sample card with batch number and date to tack on the wall, especially if you are closing a tank and need to be 100% comfortable it set up inside correctly.

Seems to be a consensus

Many thanks for all the responses! Seems like being in the freezer makes this a go ahead ...but will do the test strip first. Cheers. Stew

Back