What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Scammer Reporting (chime in if you suspect a scammer here)

my first rule is, if they are using a gmail, hotmail, or other easy to setup free email they are out. I know people don't want to use there normal email when selling something but it seems all the scammers use gmail the likes.

Another scammer....Mark Woody. He's using 'vmaxrv7' as a reference. Using an email called Bryan Goofy. Buyer Beware. Almost got scammed because of my WTB posting.
Here's the excerpt from his email to me:

I recently purchase some items from vmaxrv7, TruTrak control head - Rectangle is among the items he's willing to part out with. You can email him at [email protected] if he still have it available.

[ed. That account was locked down several days ago. Again, don't send more money than you're willing to lose and don't deal with ANYBODY that isn't willing to FaceTime and/or Zoom holding the object. v/r,dr]

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got hit with a “buyer” scam attempt for the Whelen strobe stuff I have for sale. Got a random text message saying they will buy “the item” (I have several items listed). “will send cashiers check and when it clears, we’ll work out shipping”…. Of course this person needed my full name, address and email. I told him to give me a call and we’ll work it out that way. The person never did call, but hit me up a few days later with a new number and the same approach.

I’m guessing that the scammer is going to try clone my ad, assume my payment identity, and ”sell” my stuff.

Potential Scammer :
This conversation today.. tailwheel steering control arm listed for sale by Sinjin @$100 ..... called the number he sent me and got Dave? who knew nothing about it.....Mike

Edit Star Mark unread Leave

[IMG alt="TnMike"]https://vansairforce.net/data/avatars/m/11/11267.jpg?1705005445[/IMG]

TnMike

Well Known Member​

Tuesday at 9:03 AM

Hi would you be willing to take $50 for it?
Thanks, Mike

Dues Paid

sinjin

Active Member​

Today at 9:27 AM

$75 would be fine
Like Reply

[IMG alt="TnMike"]https://vansairforce.net/data/avatars/m/11/11267.jpg?1705005445[/IMG]

TnMike

Well Known Member​

Today at 1:09 PM

Great, how do you want to get paid?

Dues Paid

sinjin

Active Member​

53 minutes ago

zelle or paypal is fine. [email protected]

maybe $5 for shipping ?

Like Reply

Run away!
Thanks Sam, I did run away ... finally figured out how to post this on here hoping someone can check out this email address ...(zelle or paypal is fine. [email protected]) ..
initially responded to an ad by SINJIN, and referred to a number that was Dave (who knew nothing about it) copied from another post ... so hoping Doug can trace it. maybe delete it with that info.
Thanks, Mike

watch out for “Mark Woody”

i posted a need for an oil filter.

received this DM:
"I recently purchase some items from vmaxrv7, lycoming 0-360 A1A oil filter adapter assembly is among the items he's willing to part out with. You can email him at [email protected] if he still have it available.”

Emailed to Bryan to call me. He did but didn’t leave a message then sent me a text (from 234 906 887 3193 saying “Hello Gerald. This is bryan. Tried reaching you. I received the number you sent via email about the Lycoming filter adapter. Let me know if this is you”.

Yah, for fun I hit reply to call him back…it dialed 360 228-0095, but didn’t have a message.

This is the same jackass that tried to scam be before…apparently he forgot me.

Karma will get him. Hope its painful

Back