What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel Level Sending Unit Float Arm

dwollen89

Well Known Member
I shaped and cut one of the float arms for my fuel level sending unit. I was proud of my crisp bends and exact measurements until I went to install said float arm on the sending unit. It was at that moment that I realized that I missed the part in the plans that shows the small bend at the end. :cool:

Does anyone know where you can get a replacement float arm? I contacted Stewart Warner and they gave me the part number, but said I'd have to buy it though a vendor. I contacted Vans and they apparently no longer carry it. I tried punching the part number into google with no luck.

As a last resort, it appears a hinge pin may make a suitable substitute. Does anyone know where I could get one of these float arms?

I messed up bending the arm. I called SW directly. They referred me to a distributor. The cost for just that part was more than the whole thing. They are cheap enough. Buy another one. Save the sending unit and float. You’ll have spare parts in the future when the float goes bad or the sending unit.

Back