What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wanted. Carbon fiber plenum

Plenum

Does anyone know where i can find a carbon fiber plenum for a titan 340 stroker?

Like this?
Actually, it's not 100% carbon fiber. Just one layer on the outside for looks. I hated the RB Bits plenum so much, I modified it.

May I suggest a home made plenum? My steps below the photo.
20221028_123019.jpg

Install the cowls. Take a marker and make a few tick marks on the top cowl by reaching through the inlets. Basically where the baffles would touch.
Remove the cowl.
Cover the entire area including a few inches outside the lines with packing tape.
Layup two layers of fiberglass with back tinted epoxy. Peel ply. Cure. Pop it off and remove the tape.
Tape off the baffles inside and out.
Apply a two layer strip of fiberglass with black tinted epoxy with an excess of about 1/2" over the edge toward the outside of the baffles.
Lay the layup on top. Ideally the layup matches the contuor of the baffles. Put a little weight on a board on top to keep it in contact. Cure. Pop it off.
Now you have a basic plenum.
Add a layer inside to strengthen. Black tinted epoxy.
Cut the roof eve off and shape the top edge. Work on the inlets of you want.
Add a layer of carbon fiber outside with peel ply.
Place it on blocks and pour West 207 epoxy. Squeegee it even and wave a torch to pop bubbles. Scuff and pour a second for a really deep finish.

Last edited:
Back