What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-3 history

So I have picked up this project and am trying to get some history. There is no paperwork but it was up for sale at 1 time in the Northwest, see attached picture. Anybody recognize the plane and/or know the owner at this time.

Attachments

• RV-3.png
    RV-3.png
    65.1 KB · Views: 661
Might check with Van's - but I guess you already know that. There have only been about 300 RV-3s completed, and I'd guess very few with a slider. Someone there might remember this one.

That prop looks new - perhaps the manufacturer recalls who bought it?

RV-3 History

Looks like a great project to finish up and get going! If it ever flew it should have a data plate, and you'll need to contact Van's and put the serial number in your name anyways, so ask them what data they might have on it.

Doug

RV-3A renovated / sold in 2015
RV-9A / 13B FWF

If there is no data plate, and no bill of sale with the serial number on it, it may just be an RV3 that will never fly.

If there is no data plate, and no bill of sale with the serial number on it, it may just be an RV3 that will never fly.

If you contact your FSDO and explain your peril, don't you think they would go along with the thing being a newly-built aircraft. You might not get a repairman certificate, but it is not quite in danger of falling in the de-certified C172-category.

Back