What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Advice please: looking for a good videoscope.

97swede

First post here. I’m hoping that the experienced builders here can point me to a good quality, yet inexpensive videoscope. I purchased a partially built RV-10 and I would like to take a look inside all of the control surfaces to double check the previous builder’s work. Ideally the scope would have a light and an adjustable camera that I can flex to look into all the nooks and crannies.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Last edited:
I have a Articulating Borescope, Teslong Inspection Camera from Amazon, 199.99

It's been great for my current plane, cyl inspection, as well as looking at things in the wings etc. And the articulating is great, many of the other scopes are not articulating, or have a lower resolution camera.

Just my two cents.

Teslong TD100

Just bought one on Amazon for that price why range. Like that it has a mount to hold the camera so it’s not flopping around. The roller knob on the handle allows you to swivel the camera 180° left or right- makes it easy to inspect inside the cylinder or other places.

On Amazin! for $199, Articulating Borescope, Teslong Inspection Camera with 3.3ft Flexible Cable, Articulating Head Endoscope Scope Camera with Case, 0.33" Dia, 8 LED Lights, Compatible with iPhone, Android Smartphone.
Very happy with it, very clear, works flawlessly with iphone 8, pics/videos go directly to Photos.
Had Vividia Ablescope VA-980 which I no longer use because the Teslong far outperforms it.

got one on the way

...well, I didn't think I was shopping this late on Saturday night.
Turns out I was.
Thanks guys!

I ordered one Friday from Amazon. One of the vendors had a $30 off coupon in effect. It might still be available.

So I received my Teslong scope from Amazon. In general I like it but the probe is too flexible. It's difficult to extend it more than about 12 inches without it sagging down from it's own weight. I'd prefer it to be a bit stiffer. Any others notice the same thing or did I get a lemon?

Back