What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

OSHKOSH in a Motorhome

Larry Parham

Well Known Member
Not flying this year, and just bought a Coach. Looks like Camp Scholler is the place to park. Cant get a reservation till June 25 for improved site.
New to motorhome so, Any ideas would help.

Camp Scholler is convenient, but if it rains heavy at all it will become a bog.
In 2011 we were barely able to get our 5th wheel out due to the mud. If we
were to bring the RV again it would be to one of the other camp grounds and
then commute in the truck.

Sleep Hollow is great

Been staying in Sleepy Hollow for several years. Convenient. New Showers and more improvements this year.

However, the chances are getting in are pretty slim. Been booked for a while now. Get on the list. You won't be disappointed.

Circle R Campground

If you want water and electric you could try the Circle R campground. Not bad but not as close as Scholler. They do have a shuttle bus. The last time I was there the electric was not good enough to allow you to run air conditioners in the RV.

I agree Sleepy Hollow is the way to go but as others have said, they are booked already. Last year they had spots available up until the last minute, this year she said they filled up at the end of January.

Not flying this year, and just bought a Coach. Looks like Camp Scholler is the place to park. Cant get a reservation till June 25 for improved site.
New to motorhome so, Any ideas would help.
Larry, last year was the first for me in my new 6 wheel RV, We stayed at Camp Scholler Saturday through Wednesday pm. We stayed in generator section where we could use the generator at night. The weather was cool enough so we did not need the ac. No hookups, close to the bus route, comfort station so no complaints.

Beer does it

Larry

I've been able to get into Sleepy Hollow by bringing a 24 of a Canadian beer called Sleemans Honey Brown ale. Works every time. Pam and Jeff love it!

Course you have to be a Canuck to be able to get it.

Much prefer it to Scholler.

Carr

Cash too

I've found that cash works really well too!!:eek:

Larry

I've been able to get into Sleepy Hollow by bringing a 24 of a Canadian beer called Sleemans Honey Brown ale. Works every time. Pam and Jeff love it!

Course you have to be a Canuck to be able to get it.

Much prefer it to Scholler.

Carr

I've been at Sleepy Hollow the past 15 years. They're family to us now.

And yes, you have to "register", pretty much by the end of January.
New shower/restroom facilities 2 years ago. Last year, Jeff added the coin-operated showers. Seems as though the "neighbors" to the west thought they were entitled to use the showers WE pay for, for free.:confused:

Anyway, I'm in space 69, come see me!!

Back