What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Brake reservoir on RV7 drawing 36, has been superseded

Desert Rat

Well Known Member
FYI- the nylon tee fitting that screws into the brake reservoir on RV7 drawing 36, has been superseded.

I spent a TON of time scattered out over several days looking for this thing and assuming that I'd hidden it from myself some time in the last year.

Nope, that little quick-on connector in bag 1975-1 that I thought was a pitot/static connector? turns out that's the guy.

Once it dawned on my that even vans probably wouldn't ship a static line connector in a bag with a bunch of brass elbows, I called tech support and they verified.

I hope this saves somebody else some time, but maybe I'm the only one who didn't realize what was going on here :)

Attachments

• IMG_6791.jpg
    IMG_6791.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 123
Y-version

A little more digging in the Parker catalog and I came up with a “Y” fitting — I’ve used it on several builds now, and it makes the lo-pressure brake line routing even “better”

Attachments

• A9D7A4CE-B716-4A7E-9152-0C8C51FB7EBA.jpg
    A9D7A4CE-B716-4A7E-9152-0C8C51FB7EBA.jpg
    480.3 KB · Views: 41
Terry, thats because its actually a quick connect from an airbrake assembly, thats pretty commonly used for pitot and static.

Tom

I looked at the sheets for that fitting and it is designed for air with nitrile seals. Will it not fail with brake fluid after a while?

I looked at the sheets for that fitting and it is designed for air with nitrile seals. Will it not fail with brake fluid after a while?

Van's has been using the the W371PLP-4-2 (the "T" version) in kits for a while now...

I've not encountered any issues using MIL-H-5606 or MIL-PRF-83282 fluids. However, DOT-3 might be an issue...

Last edited:
Back