What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

WELL DONE to Catto Props

wcalvert

Well Known Member
My story started at the end of 2020 ... I placed the order for my new prop with Nicole, a composite 3 blade "middle of the road" pitch for my new to be RV-7.

There was a pandemic on, the first estimate was for March of 2021 ... should work fine. Then they lost a painter, and the paint company dropped their supply. Finally in June of '21 the prop was shipped.

When it arrived I was thrilled but then disappointed. The paint work wasn't really up to snuff, some smudges on the non skid etc. I called Nicole and explained that I should send it back, but didn't want to lose the summer waiting on a prop. She told me that they would cover it all and make it right when the shop caught up with their orders.

I moved on with phase I. The planed climbed like a burning Banshee but would over speed at WOT. Good but not right. And the paint issue around the NLE was getting worse.

In September of last year, Nicole contracted me about a replacement, offering to replace it completely with a modified pitch to fix the rpm issue ... they had replaced their paint line and would expect a new prop be done in Jan/Feb this year.

So this week the new air screw arrived and it looks great! Nicole went the extra mile to make it right, all at no cost to me. I'm really looking forward to the first flight on the new prop this week.

If you have ever considered a fixed pitch composite prop, please give the good folks at Catto a call. You will be pleased!

Cheers :D

Me Too

Catto did great work for us, too. There was a misteak on our spinner and they fell all over themselves to get it right. Catto propellers are a bit pricey, but they’re pretty much the gold standard for fixed pitch experimentals.

Back