What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

F-2 Rocket history?

Challenger17

I'm New Here
Came across an April 2002 (pg 23) article in Sport Aviation that announced TeamRocket was introducing a quick build "F-2, a side-by-side two-seater. The F-1 and F-2 aircraft share virtually the same flight specs with an expected 250 mph top speed, 230 mph true airspeed cruise, and a sea-level climb rate of more than 3,000 feet per minute." Does anybody know if anybody ever completed an F-2 Rocket? I was doing a little research because I couldn't help wonder how great it might be if there was a Rocket with side by side seating, when I came across this F-2 announcement.

I fly formation with a local Super Six. A very sexy plane. It has a 14 in. stretch in the center fuselage section in addition to the long nose.
Essentially a one-off build.
A 215 HP IO-390 -7 would be a dream compromise with much easier engineering solutions. Hmmm…Would I clip the wings, though?

Super Six

I finished my Super Six in 2005 1300+ hours no issues. I absolutely love it.

If anyone is interested I have two specially built IO 540 engine mounts, airframe sketches and tech support.

Steve Barnes

Back