What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Feedback on AIR TRAC Tire for that Van's Sell for RV-10

Go4it

Received Air Trac 15x6.00-6 from Van's as a replacement for my RV-10 and I am not impressed by shallow depth of tread. Some web site advertise it as good for grass fields, not something I ever land on. Had emailed Kenny at Van's prior to order to see what brand / part # they sold and this is not the one they shipped. They said I could return the order but no offer to pay shipping or wave restocking fee so far by Nancy.
Would like imput on what others brand recommended. Dresser retread are sold out in my size. Thinking Goodyear may be the way to go.

Thanks

Gerald
KFWS

I have always used the Goodyear Flight Custom II's or Michelin Aviators. We install them on our customer's airplanes as well. Pilots are reporting that they are getting at least double the number of landings on them.
Use with 90 degree stem leakguard inner tubes.

Vic

I have always had great luck with the Monster retreads. I like the price, I like the durability, and I even like the extra size from the thicker tread. When Southwest Airlines receives new aircraft from Boeing, they immediately remove the new tires and replace them with retreads because of decades of cost and performance analysis that they get more durability and landings per dollar from retreads. I'm sure the inventory will catch up to demand as it always eventually does. I've seen pictures of the plant and it looks to be high enough volume for the market.

Last edited:
Back