What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hoses from TS Flightlines

jwilbur

Well Known Member
Over 2 years ago Tom from TS Flightlines made me a bunch of brake and fuel lines, including a very short 2" hard line with a 3/4" rather tight joggle to it.

Last week I had an issue with that short line. I contacted Tom who immediately made me a short flexible hose to see if it would fit; it wouldn't. He then had me take pictures from a bunch of angles with a ruler in the shot. From those he made a new hard line which fits perfectly. .... Then he refused to take any payment, despite my insistence. he claims it was "under warranty."

Tom is a great guy to work with. His responsiveness is nearly immediate. And his abilities are impressive. I strongly recommend him if you need any hoses made - hard lines or flexible.

I sure can second that opinion! I and others have ALWAYS had top flight service from Tom and would not even consider anyone else to do our work.

Great post!
I purchased the brake kit from Tom. He added a special touch of black tubing around the braided line for appearance. Great job, perfect fit, on time delivery and answered all questions personally. Highly recommend Tom!

Ditto

Good experience working with Tom. I had made an incorrect measurement also and Tom fixed me up.

Might be just me but out of 6 or 8 hoses 1 is bound to need "adjusting"

I had Tom make a very specialized short line with two angled fittings that had to be clocked perfectly. After 3 iterations, he nailed it! He is a great guy and doesn't stop until you are happy and have a product that works.

Kudos for Tom too!

If you look up customer service in the dictionary, you will find Tom's picture.
I had TS Flightlines manufacture some very specific fuel and brake lines for my RV6A cabin. Both flexible and rigid lines. One combo flexible/rigid fuel line didn't quite fit. Tom made it a tad shorter and fits like a dream now. No charge and Tom didn't even allow me to pay for shipping. I will be returning to Tom for my firewall forward lines.
John Van Lieshout
RV6A QB 85%
AeroSport IO-375 M1S
Garmin G3X 3 screen suite

Another Satisfied Customer

Based on VAF recommendations and reviews - I decided it was past time to replace my 2003 FWF Aeroquip hoses. I updated to Teflon - purchasing from TS Flightlines. I was not disappointed. Tom was very responsive and a pleasure to work with. I ordered my custom hoses on Monday and they arrived that Friday! All the hoses fit - no leaks - a quality product. A guy couldn't ask for more. Thank You, to Tom and his crew!

Yup, Tom's great. He's made some fuel lines, and brake pedal lines for me. Now I'm getting ready to order some new brake lines for the gear legs. The current lines are exerting a load that binds the caliper pins, so I want to switch to flexible lines. I'm unsure if should just do a short length from the caliper to the gear leg, or do the entire length up to the fuselage. Suggestions?

Last edited:
Charley, we have clients that do it both ways. Usually a 12 inch hose from the caliper up to a union and rigid tube to the airframe bulkhead fitting. And the more conventional plans way with a 1 piece teflon hose.

Tom

+1. I ordered a complete fuel and brake line kit from Tom for my -10 build. Fast, responsive service and a beautiful product. I would easily recommend Tom to any builder, and will be a repeat customer for any future lines I need.

Back