What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Shipping/Freight recommendations

rv6ehguy

Well Known Member
Good day fellow RVators,
Can anyone recommend a shipping or freight company? I have an engine that I need to ship from Buffalo to California. Thanks.
John Van Lieshout
RV6A QB 85%
C-FMYM (reserved)

Forward Air was used when I purchased my partially assembled empennage. They don't go door to door but you save some bucks by taking the engine to them and then picking it up at their nearest local warehouse. It worked well for me.

I used a Web site that solicited bids for the shipment. Went with Old Dominion for the shipment of an engine from Detroit to California for under$400. All went well.

Another vote for Partain

Partain .......

I second Mike's recommendation. Tony Partain's crew have moved my project twice, and delivered my QB fuse and wings. Tell him you want Mike the driver.

Disclaimers:
- I don't work for them. They just did great work.

Partain! ABF moved my first 2 RV-10 sub kits and arrived with exterior box damage although no damage to anything inside. The also shipped my engine and the wood crate was forked and again no damage to the engine itself. Partain shipped my last 2 sub kits and the service was outstanding!

I second Mike's recommendation. Tony Partain's crew have moved my project twice, and delivered my QB fuse and wings. Tell him you want Mike the driver.

Disclaimers:
- I don't work for them. They just did great work.

If you're talking about Mike Cobb, he was the one involved in the fatal highway accident a while back.:(

Last edited:
Back