What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Throttle cable help please

rv6ehguy

Well Known Member
Hello Fellow RV builders. I would be in Oshkosh today if it wasn’t for this pandemic. Stupid pandemic.
I need a little help choosing my throttle cable for my RV6A with an IO-375 engine. I have installed the new improved landing gear / engine mount and as a result, Van’s Stock 50.5” cable is short by 2.5” because of routing around the shock absorbing pucks. I can order a special order Van’s throttle from ACS where I can decide on the length of the cable and a stroke of 2.25” for $276.95(CDN), part number A-1760 Van’s RV cable or I can order the A-1760 vernier control for $156.75(CDN). This cable has a selectable length of 60” and a set stroke of 3.375”. Why would I pay an extra $120 for a shorter 1.125” stroke and a slightly longer cable which I could easily reroute to fit in my build? Am I missing something obvious here. Thanks for your time.
John Van Lieshout
RV6A+ 85%
AeroSport Power IO-375 M1S (195hp)
Garmin 2 screen G3X touch suite

Having had to replace more than one of Van's quadrant cables, I would strongly recommend you consider getting a proper McFarlane aircraft cable. You can order what ever length you want. Yes, they are $350, but they are glass-smooth and will last the life of your airplane. You will never have to do the miserable job of having to replace one at 500 hrs.

-full disclosure, I have no relationship with McFarlane other than being REALLY happy with their throttle and mixture cables.

Back