What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

any hotel recommendations for S&F

rv6ehguy

Well Known Member
Good evening Fellow RVators,
I am planning to visit Sun & Fun next month and I was hoping for any hotel recommendations near Lakeland Airport. Also, are there any hotels that provide shuttle service to the airport. I am trying to decide to rent a car, while I am there. Cheers all.
John Van Lieshout
RV6A QB 85%
AeroSport Power IO-375
C-FMYM (reserved)
[email protected]
wz(underscore)bang(at)hotmail(dot)com

Try farther out

At this stage, your best bet is to try for hotels in Tampa or Orlando. You can then commute into the show fairly easily if you go in early each day.

I booked the Comfort inn in Davenport. 20 min drive. I have a rental car and am happy to give you a ride.

hotels.com

Hi John,

I booked a room for a buddy and myself using hotels.com and got a good rate at Baymont Inn and Suites Lakeland back around March 18. Maybe try that route.

Regards,
/\/elson

I stopped looking for a room close to Lakeland Linder several years ago. just wasn t any unless it was raining that week. For that matter same for hotel shuttle ride to the airport. A rental car or buddy ride out I-4 west to just short of Tampa seem to work the best for me, even for last minute reservations. The short ride back to LAL was no problem being on the "right side of Lakeland and Tampa" for traffic.

Back