What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Torture!

Nuisance

Well Known Member
This is getting hard. Here I am, tied up, on a steel bed, in a cold, musty cellar, and the water faucet is drip, drip, drip on my forehead.

When, O when will we get some more info on this beautiful looking machine?

Will we get some bit by bit - "Oh hey, the pivot on the stabilator has been moved, and the gurney flap is gone". And then 3 weeks later..."Oh hey, the fuel tank has been moved to the wings".

Or, will it come in a rush..."Hello valued customers, here is a final spec sheet, the aircraft has passed all flight tests with flying colors, here is an order form, and tail kits will start shipping next week"

drip, drip, drip.

John, old RV8 guy

This is getting hard.

When, O when will we get some more info on this beautiful looking machine?

John, old RV8 guy

Sir,
Keep calm and breath. I am NOT authorized to be a company representative on this forum. So this info is available if you walk up to the plane at the factory as some customers have done.

-The gas tank is in the same location.
-The tabs are still on the Horizontal Stab.
-The top of the flaps have tufts.
-Bottom of the Horizontal Stab has tufts.
-Rudder counter arm has changed.
-Lots of bugs on the windscreen.

Break

This is the first post I have done regarding the -15. The only reason I did so is because I remember approx 20 years ago when I started down my RV path, I used to drool every time I saw a pic of you red -8. Was excited every time a saw the speeds when you would fly in the air races. It was a great source of motivation. So thank you!!

Best wishes if you decide to build a -15.

Thank you very much Axel. I loved building and flying the RV-8.

I will build an RV-15. It is perfect for my mission these days.

John

Back