What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

cracked case. looking at options, weld or replace

DonGordon

I'm New Here
Discovered a crack in the C/S oil line boss. Going to require tear down at least. Anyone have a spare set of case halves. Lyc O-360 A1A. Or is it cost effective to weld and re-machine? Engine only has 400 hrs since O/H.

DIVCO can do amazing things repairing cases. The local mechanic showed me one that had the accessory case chewed up by a gear that got loose, thought sure it was toast. When it came back from DIVCO it looked brand new.

But they are very backlogged, 3-4 month minimum.

Case crack

I have sent a lot of work to Divco over the last 30+ years and have been satisfied with them. I have heard some complaints, but I’ve never had a major issue. There has been an occasional minor snag that they have promptly rectified. Currently they are dealing with supply chain and manpower issues like everyone else.

Don Broussard
RV9 Rebuild in Progress
57 Pacer

When I was at DIVCO a couple of months ago, it appeared that almost every case I saw had some welding on it and was waiting on re-machining…. While there are cracks that mean “end of life” for the case, I got the feeling that most can be repaired. Yes, they are backlogged, but I think for an extra charge they can bump you to the front of the line (check their web site or call.

I wanted to visit crankcase Services when I was there, because they were highly recommended by Rhonda Barrett, but they were closed that afternoon. But I wouldn’t hesitate to call them either.

Paul

Case

Some 0 320 cases are the same as some parallel valve 360 cases. There was an overhauled 320 case on here within the last couple of weeks. Don't know if it is the proper case for you or if it sold.
Another possibility is to see if Divco or Crankcase Services has a rebuilt case in stock.

Case

Crankcase Services advertises large inventory for outright sale or exchange.
Sand Springs OK

Divco expedited service

I recently sent my case to Divco and paid the $300 expedite fee. They guarantee to ship my case within 15 working days or the fee is not charged. They missed mine by 4 days and no extra charge…

Back