What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

CFI to give transition training in san antonio Tx

Cdenora

I bought an RV4 finally, but it does not have rudder pedals in the rear and I need to get checked out in the San Antonio area for insurance purposes any CFI that could do this ?

I contacted Alex De Dominicis and he has a RV7 that he can train me in but not sure if there is any other option to give the insurance company some peace of mind.

Just want to have a plan B

Any ideas ?

Regards

Chris

you can probably get someone that has an 8 that might do checkouts, but the probability of finding a CFI and plane in a 4 is pretty slim. most do not have full controls in the back, and even then, instructing from the back would be dicey at best. i would never do it in mine.

bob burns
RV-4 N82RB

Insurance is usually fine with any tailwheel RV but once you find instructor and plane you need to send insurance their info and they need to give official signoff. I transitioned and got my tailwheel endorsement at same time in an RV7 in the 10 hour minimum for insurance and the 4 is even easier to fly. Dont go in there overconfident tho. You dont want it to bite you.

Back