What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X Touch…..What are these lines?

SeanB

Well Known Member
Hey,
My RV7 is still under construction. My G3X System is up and running. I keep noticing “breadcrumb” looking lines on the MFD Map Page. They never go away and seem to be piling up. Looks like most are straight, a few not. In this case, most come from east of the airport to my plane sitting in the hangar. Have a feeling I’m getting ready to embarrass myself, but what are these lines? How are they cleared? Always there, even after power cycle.

Thanks!

Attachments

• AF845BD4-4B8E-4CEB-A4A1-5906F1595928.jpg
    AF845BD4-4B8E-4CEB-A4A1-5906F1595928.jpg
    488.9 KB · Views: 168
The section heading in the manual is called Track Log. Hope this helps!

Ed

Displaying/removing the track log on the Map Page:
1) From the Map Page, press the MENU Key. The Map Options Window is
displayed.
2) Touch the Set Up Map... Button to display the Map Setup Page.
3) Touch the Line Tab to display the track log setup options.
4) Touch the Track Log Show/Hide Button.
5) Touch the Show Button to display the track log. Touch the Hide Button to remove the track log.
190-01754-00 Rev. Q Garmin G3X Touch Pilot’s Guide

Last edited:
Sean, I'm not sure what they are, but they sure look like the tracking breadcrumbs I see on mine after a flight. Anyway, you can hit 'Menu' twice, select 'Track Log', hit 'Menu' again, and erase all of your tracking breadcrumbs. While you're there you can deactivate the tracking function. I don't have the unit right in front of me so I'm going by memory here.

I have no idea what's causing this, though. If I had to guess, I would say that perhaps your GPS is attempting to lock on inside the hangar, getting some error offset and then eventually correcting itself resulting in apparent tracking breadcrumbs.

Last edited:
Back