What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Whirlwind Propeller

D Weisgerber

Well Known Member
I ordered a new Whirlwind Constant Speed prop on May 9th, I just got an E-mail saying it would ship next week. It should receive it just about 5 weeks after ordering. When I ordered it they told me 8 to 10 weeks. It's not very often you can get something this quickly in these times.

In house

Yes, I was just over there yesterday picking up another customers WW300 for an RV-8. Whirlwind has done an amazing job getting/stocking materials for production over the last year with the result of getting the production line within customer expectations. The WW300 I picked up yesterday was also happily earlier than expected. So a quick install followed by a Dynavibe G3X balance with a resulting Whirlwind "wow" factor and big RV grin.
Cheers,
Scott

On order

They have been developing a 15" spinner for the three blade 330. I ordered my combo ~ five weeks ago. Got the spinner drawing yesterday. Looking forward to having it take up some more hangar space while my build continues (actually wanted it early for cowl fit-up).

I got my new prop Monday, I put it on Tuesday and did a weight and balance today. It's 18 lbs lighter than a year ago when I did the previous weight and balance. I'm hoping to fly it tomorrow, I have to go into phase 1 for 5 hours.

Attachments

• IMG_0142.jpg
    IMG_0142.jpg
    384.3 KB · Views: 190
Coming from what? Aluminum or three blade MT12?

Give us some power plant info and performance delta info as well. If it performs anywhere close to its appearance, I assume you’ll be happy.

I got my new prop Monday, I put it on Tuesday and did a weight and balance today. It's 18 lbs lighter than a year ago when I did the previous weight and balance. I'm hoping to fly it tomorrow, I have to go into phase 1 for 5 hours.

That’s a good looking prop!

Back