What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Brompton folding bikes RV10

CJT

Anyone put a Brompton electric folding bike in the baggage compartment of RV 10?
What I understand is that door size is 21”x19”
Folded bike size is 22” height without seat and 22” width

Anyone put a Brompton electric folding bike in the baggage compartment of RV 10?
What I understand is that door size is 21”x19”
Folded bike size is 22” height without seat and 22” width

Yes, the Brommie will fit just fine. You can even get 2 in there.

-Marc

We take ours all the time. Had them at OSH the last several years. Handy for a quick trip to Target from HBC. You can fit them through the baggage door with careful maneuvering but we’ve found it easier to just put them upright in the back seats and use the seatbelts to secure. We have the canvas storage bags which keep the seats clean and make lifting easier.

I test rode one of their electric bikes and liked it. But there's zero chance it would fit my RV-3B's baggage.... And I'm too old for a One Wheel or similar.

Dave

This requires loading through the main doors but. I purchased two Montague folding mountain bikes. Purchased and installed the Bafang BBSHD mid drive kits. Added 52 volt 21 amp hour battery for each bike. The bikes without battery attached weigh just under 50 lbs each. They have 50 plus miles of range (with me at 6’04 230 LBS) and can do plus 30 MPH. For under 3K each (price the average e bike) this is a deal. For that you have full size folding e bikes with great range. In the -10, we had both bikes and full camping gear in the plane. Takes only a couple minutes to set them up. Great for exploring little airports with little cool towns since most have no form of transportation at those airport. This bike set up fits in a kit fox so should worth in -7s and up.

Back