What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New member Introduction, looking for build hangar space in the Sacramento area

Jcaryl

I'm New Here
I have been lurking for a while, first post.

I have recently moved to the Sacramento (Elk Grove) area and I?m interested in meeting some of the local RV builder-flyers. The ultimate end goal would be finding a flying RV-4 or an RV-8 project, a builder friendly hangar shop space, and good friends and flying, Executive, Lodi, Rancho, Mather would all be good.

About me: Lifelong aviation person, ATP, A&P, Commercial, glider, SES, tools
Semi retired, the wife calls it (semi retarded) - need to get out of the house and fix, build, and fly airplanes

Thanks for reading
John

Welcome to VAF!

I have been lurking for a while, first post.

John

John, welcome to the good ship VAF:D

I suggest you contact the SacRvators, there may be someone there who can direct you to hangar space. http://sacrvators.com/

Also, take a look at Rancho Murieta airport, close to you and good possibility of a hangar there.

Good luck, stop by if you are ever in the Cameron Park area.

Builders at KSAC

There's a large RV builders group at Executive. We meet for breakfast at the Aviators Restaurant on Saturday at 8:00. All are welcome.

Nick

Check out DGA Aviation Partners flying club. They have a hanger at the north end of Sac Exec (the one on the end, I believe), nine or ten airplanes plus an RV-12 under construction (I think it's close to being finished) and a vintage cub under restoration, and they're looking for new members. Most of the members are retirees, but not all. If you can get past the gate you can drop by any Saturday morning for the nickle tour.

Back