What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 Checklists

mulde35d

Well Known Member
Friend
I am in between build projects so I decided to build out some checklists for a future RV-10. I made Normal, Emergency, Preflight, and a VFR/IFR cheat sheet for common reference items in the aircraft. These are designed to be folded in half and laminated for ease of storage in the side pockets. I attached pictures, but will gladly send the word document for anyone that would like to modify them for their specific aircraft (I left speeds off since I don't have an aircraft to determine those yet). These could likely also be easily adapted to other single engine aircraft so feel free to share. If you would like the word document just PM me with your email address and I will send them over. Hope this helps.
Normal.png

Emergency.png

Preflight.png

Cheat-sheet.png

Looks great..

Never mind... I suppose it helps to read the entire post:)

Question, how would you have these in the plane? Are they 4 separate sheets front and back or half pages on a binder?

Checklist

I prefer to fold them in half and laminate using 5 mil sheets. That makes them stiff but not rigid and easily stored in the netting or pocket near your calves.

Checklists are GREAT !

That is exactly what I have been searching for :cool: Those are easy to follow and to customize. Perfect ! I have already PM'd you. Thanks again :D! Ed

Nice work! I have similar. On this topic, has anyone created the ACE files for the G3X checklist window? I am also the laminated paper type, but I have recently put my checklists into Foreflight and that is pretty nice... For completeness sake I was going to put them into the G3X as well, but I find having to use a Windows machine too frustrating (and I am being lazy) to create the files for the G3X checklists.

Love the formatting with shadow boxes. Thanks for doing all the work. I've PM'd for a copy

Rocky

Looks nice. I have some suggestions, though:
1. Add ‘mixture forward after engine start’ to the bottom of the start list. In case it’s not obvious.
2. Change ‘transponder standby’ to ‘transponder on ALT’ on pre-taxi list. This is a relatively new change from the faa.

Sent

Sent to everone who PM'ed except raab. Need an email address to send these out.

Thanks for the suggestions, I continue to update as things change.

Looks good. Only suggestions i have: consider turning the boost pump on for pattern ops/initial takeoff; I like to check flight controls before engine start - lids are still open so easier to see (and chance to catch something earlier); Are you sure you want to step on the opposite rudder with an unlatched door? As this takes a good bit of thought and time, I still consider my checklist in draft form (which you should be able to download from the VAF home page, POH section), and we all have things we do or address differently.

I also programmed all checklists and some other aids into the G3X (pirep format, filing in flight (does anyone do that anymore?) etc) but find that the handheld checklist is easier quicker to use. I printed mine out on 5 x 8 card stock and laminated it, put binder rings in like a dash one checklist or IFG....

==dave==
N102FM

This looks very good. A couple of suggestions... during climb out you might want to consider turning off the boost pump and putting the flaps in the reflex position.

On landing as part of my gumps check I like to press both brakes to make sure they are firm...helps prevent any surprises on the roll out. :)

Darin

Starting question

Nice checklist....a lot of info readily available!

I have a stupid question on the start procedure...first you prime the fuel then move the mixture to cutoff? Throttle, I can see, but Ive always left the mixture rich. Technique? Procedure? Or am I just out to lunch?

Thanks

Nice checklist....a lot of info readily available!

I have a stupid question on the start procedure...first you prime the fuel then move the mixture to cutoff? Throttle, I can see, but Ive always left the mixture rich. Technique? Procedure? Or am I just out to lunch?

Thanks

The technique described is straight from the Lycoming manual. Of course, everyone has their own idea of the best way to start.

This looks very good. A couple of suggestions... during climb out you might want to consider turning off the boost pump and putting the flaps in the reflex position.

Darin

The most recent Vans (and Vans employees/consultants) information (much posted here on vaf) for the -10 is: (1) flaps may be left in trail at all speeds, and (2) flaps in trail should produce slightly better climb performance

I am in between build projects so I decided to build out some checklists for a future RV-10. I made Normal, Emergency, Preflight, and a VFR/IFR cheat sheet for common reference items in the aircraft. These are designed to be folded in half and laminated for ease of storage in the side pockets. I attached pictures, but will gladly send the word document for anyone that would like to modify them for their specific aircraft (I left speeds off since I don't have an aircraft to determine those yet). These could likely also be easily adapted to other single engine aircraft so feel free to share. If you would like the word document just PM me with your email address and I will send them over. Hope this helps.
Normal.png

Emergency.png

Preflight.png

Cheat-sheet.png

I am almost ready for my RV-10's first flight. I would greatly appreciate your sending along the checklists word document to me at [email protected] .
-- Thanks. -- Harry Dawson. Rome GA

Normal.png

Emergency.png

Preflight.png

Cheat-sheet.png
I just bought an RV-10 and would love a Word copy of your checklists if they are still available. Thanks!
[email protected]

Jon's been my CFI for the past few years and I was an early adopter of his checklists. I modified them slightly for my own RV-10 and procedures and I printed out full size laminated copies for use in my plane. I uploaded the PDF versions here last year: https://vansairforce.net/threads/rv-10-poh-pdf-format.214961/ Jon is not as active here on VAF as I am so you can hit me up for a Word copy if you don't hear anything from Jon--just need an email.

Jon's been my CFI for the past few years and I was an early adopter of his checklists. I modified them slightly for my own RV-10 and procedures and I printed out full size laminated copies for use in my plane. I uploaded the PDF versions here last year: https://vansairforce.net/threads/rv-10-poh-pdf-format.214961/ Jon is not as active here on VAF as I am so you can hit me up for a Word copy if you don't hear anything from Jon--just need an email.
Thank you! Jon was kind enough to reply and send me Word documents of his checklists.

Back