What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10's in the Bay Area

ethand

Well Known Member
Visiting the in-laws in Benicia, CA (North of Oakland, West of Napa) today through Saturday AM.

Looking to see if there are any flying or close to flying RV-10's in the area I can look at. My project is at the wiring stage with the cabin top and doors fitted but some level of finish work required for both.

Willing to drive up to an hour or so if that works or someone flying wants to meet in the middle.

PM me, reply here or give me a call at six one nine, 977-two eight 93

Today or Friday would be best days for me

Thanks in advance
Ethan

My -10 has been flying since 2011, but of course it's never really finished!
Based at LVK (take I-680 south to I-580; 5 miles east to first Livermore exit).
I should be free on Friday if you'd like a look/short ride.

Bob

Thanks Mike, PM'd both

Don't suppose you would be up for a meeting in Vacaville, Nut tree or some other intermediate location to choeck out your ride?

E

Thanks Bob, really appreciate it.

Sent you a PM with my phone number. Let me know what time works for you and I will be there

E

Thanks Mike, PM'd both

Don't suppose you would be up for a meeting in Vacaville, Nut tree or some other intermediate location to choeck out your ride?

E

Possible, ------ I have no idea what my wife has planned for me then, will check and get back to you about it. Also, need to consider the weather, VFR only.

Also, I believe there is also a RV 10 at Half Moon Bay-----dont remember the owners name at the moment.

If Mike flies to Nut Tree (Vacaville) I will too. We've talked several times but never actually met!

OTOH at LVK I can show you Dave Head's RV-10 (if he's not flying) so you can see what a good paint job looks like, in comparison to mine!

Bob

Last edited:
That would be very cool.

Thanks guys, would love to see this happen. I am open all day Friday so can make any time work that you guys can make

E

Friday lunch

I just Pm'd Ethan.
I cannot commit but I will try to make it to the Nut Tree.
Best case scenario, I'll take Ethan along from Concord and fly him up to
the Nut Tree.

See you guys at noon, I look forward to seeing everyone's 10 and having lunch. I will have wheels and can take 7 or Fentons is less then a 5 minute walk for lunch.

Ill try and be there, too. I think this is my first time seeing this many -10's if we all make it, besides Oshkosh. ;)

Wow, quite a turnout looking to happen:D

Maybe it would be a good idea to share phone numbers.....

See you all at Nut Tree.

My phone is 530 417 1124

Mike

Sorry to miss. Got up this morning not quite up to par. And, for some reason, I've been unable to post to vaf.

Bob

No worries Bob. I am always missing past RV things because of a cold, flu or one thing or another. Anyway, I finally made it, and we had a great group of people. Glad to meet Ethan's family. He has the perfect family for the -10, in my opinion!

I last saw Mike a few years ago. Mike now has shiny new paint! We just have to motivate Mike to finish up the GTN-650 wiring now. ;)

I think it's been a year since I last saw Ernst, which is a crying shame considering we both have airplanes! :mad:

Also, i was fortunate to run into the Icon Aircraft CEO in the pilots lounge. I had no idea business was quite this good! Dang! Who all bought a seaplane, please raise your hands!?

My next mod will be an Air Stair for the -10 and a bigger baggage door. Yes, i am jealous. ;)

IMG_20151127_114537898.jpg

IMG_20151127_114606755_HDR.jpg

Obligatory city shot of SF.

IMG_20151127_105820453.jpg

It was a very nice get together.
Always a pleasure seeing old friends and make new ones.

Nice to see Ethan's family take an interest in the RV-10.
Keep at it!

Nut Tree Airport

I remember when the Nut Tree Airport was my favorite destination where the pilots were greeted with a free train ride to the Nut Tree Toy Shop! The restaurant there was wonderful! Took many a date or two there! Many good memories before they turned it into a shopping mall!

We had a great time, with the exception of the cold wind:(

Bob, missed you..........

Jay, Ernst, Ethan-----good talking RV with you guys.

Jay, Ernst, Mike, thank you very much for your time, showing the airplanes and braving both my questions and the wind.

Pretty cool to send a note on this site and two days later meetup with three flying RV-10 drivers. Bob, sorry you could not make it.

Here is Ernst -10 with my wife in the passenger seat:

59zcwm.jpg

The group.

rh8x9z.jpg

Back