What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X CAS messages - Audio

Cptnmat

Can someone confirm that the G3X system will produce an audible tone when a new CAS message appears? For example, when oil pressure drops into the red and the message appears, is there a tone when configured with “red range + alert”?

I currently have my G3X stereo audio out (setting alerts mono + stereo) going into a 245R. I’m getting all of the other tones, just nothing on CAS messages. Wondering if the CAS message tone generates out of the mono channel only…

Thanks ahead of time!

My G3X Touch system makes a 'ding' sound whenever a warning-level (red) CAS message appears in flight.

My G3X Touch system makes a 'ding' sound whenever a warning-level (red) CAS message appears in flight.

Is this only in flight then? Can’t find any documentation (pilots manual/installation manual) to confirm but it would make sense. I don’t want to assume though.

do you know if your G3X system uses just the mono output?

Thanks ahead of time!

Is this only in flight then? Can’t find any documentation (pilots manual/installation manual) to confirm but it would make sense. I don’t want to assume though.

do you know if your G3X system uses just the mono output?

Either or both of the mono and stereo outputs can provide audio alerts, depending on configuration.

It would be safe to assume the behavior is different in-flight versus on the ground, for reasons related to nuisance alerts.

check engine config settings. If I recall correctly, each alarm can be individually set up as different alarm notification (warning or caution) as well as with or without an audible alarm.

I need to confirm some of my wiring. All settings should indicate that I should have audible red warning CAS messages. From the manual…

Attachments

• B684ED5F-B004-47AD-9163-363ECC73FCBA.jpeg
    B684ED5F-B004-47AD-9163-363ECC73FCBA.jpeg
    190.1 KB · Views: 53
I need to confirm some of my wiring. All settings should indicate that I should have audible red warning CAS messages. From the manual…

See the Sound Configuration page, documentation the AQ revision of the Installation Manual, Page 35-133.

See the Sound Configuration page, documentation the AQ revision of the Installation Manual, Page 35-133.

Thanks. Yes, have all these settings set to 100%. Alert output is set to Mono and Stereo.

The test button works and alerts are heard, just not the CAS tone.

I’ll double check these again and report back. Some of the professional drawings I’ve seen only have the mono hooked up. Why I decided to hook up only the stereo, I don’t know. I may just add a mono wire and add it to an open alert channel on the 245R…

Is there a quick way to mute the audible alarm when it goes off? I had a canopy open audible alarm in flight today due to a faulty switch and it rang for about 30 second intervals several times. Would get annoying if it were a real emergency.

Is there a quick way to mute the audible alarm when it goes off? I had a canopy open audible alarm in flight today due to a faulty switch and it rang for about 30 second intervals several times. Would get annoying if it were a real emergency.

You might be able to acknowledge it with the back button. (Pilot User guide page 104). The canopy open alarm/message may be different…

Back